As the largest single can sheet facility in the country, Logan Aluminum supplies over 45% of the North American can market. Since 1981, sustainability has been the heart of our foundation, culture, and principles. In our environmentally friendly process, recycled aluminum is designed to re-enter our facility where it’s melted down into new aluminum and sent back to our customers as a brand-new product.
Because aluminum is infinitely recyclable, it can be recycled over and over again without compromising its quality. If you recycle an aluminum can today, it will be remelted and back on the shelves within 60 days.
Through Logan Aluminum’s partnership with WKU, we’re working together to create a truly sustainable future for our community and environment by closing the loop with recycling.
- Each year, every American sends nearly a dozen 12-packs worth of aluminum beverage cans to landfills instead of the recycling bin on average. This is a massive loss to both the environment and the economy. In fact, by recycling all the aluminum beverage cans that currently end up in U.S. landfills each year, we could save around $800 million for the economy and enough energy to power more than 2 million homes for a full year.
- Aluminum beverage cans contain 3X to 12X more recycled content than competing packaging types.
- Recycling is a critical part of the modern aluminum business. Making recycled aluminum only takes around 5% of the energy needed to make new aluminum — reducing carbon emissions and saving money for businesses and end consumers.
- Closed-loop recycling saves critical natural resources. More than 92% of recycled aluminum can material is made back into a new aluminum can.
- Industry recycling efforts in the U.S. save more than 90 million barrels of oil equivalent each year.
- Recycled aluminum saves 95% of the energy needed to make new aluminum
- Recycled aluminum makes up 80% of the U.S. aluminum production
- If you recycle an aluminum can today, it will be recycled and back on the shelves within 60 days!